Lamb Salad with Arugula and Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe – Tim Love | Food & Wine
Lamb Salad with Arugula and Raspberry Vinaigrette
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
As cooked lamb cools, the flavor mellows, becoming sweeter and less gamey. Tim Love combines chilled slices of lamb with greens, then adds a dressing made with both raspberry vinegar and preserves.
* 1 cup pecan halves (4 ounces)
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
* 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves
* 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 teaspoon chopped basil
* 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* One 5-ounce bag baby arugula
* 1 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (4 ounces)
* 1 pound leftover roasted lamb, cut into bite-size pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pecans in a pie plate and toast for 7 to 8 minutes, until golden. Let cool.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the mustard with the raspberry vinegar and preserves. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Whisk in the basil and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Add the arugula, goat cheese, pecans and lamb, and toss to combine. Serve.
WINE Mourvèdre produces some of France’s best rosés, typically more full-bodied than other rosés. Bandol is the region to look to for wines such as the herbal, full-bodied 2005 Château Pradeaux or the spicy, salmon-colored 2005 Domaine Sorin.